Memory quotes is the topic of the post. I am not going to share any tips on how to improve your memory in the post, but just to provide you with some quotes about memory. At the moment I am preparing a post on short term memory and need to do a little bit more analysis, so be patient and I will come back with my memory tips. I hope you will enjoy the post.
1. “There is no man, however wise, who has not at some period of his youth said things, or lived in a way the consciousness of which is so unpleasant to him in later life that he would gladly, if he could, expunge it from his memory” by Marcel Proust.
2. “Memory is the treasury and guardian of all things” by Marcus Tullius Cicero.
“One must have a good memory to be able to keep the promises that one makes” by Friedrich Nietzsche.
3. “Memory is like a purse, if it be over-full that it cannot shut, all will drop out of it. Take heed of a gluttonous curiosity to feed on many things, lest the greediness of the appetite of thy memory spoil the digestion thereof” by Thomas Fuller.
4. “Memory is a great artist. For every man and for every woman it makes the recollection of his or her life a work of art and an unfaithful record” by Andre Maurois.
5. “Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose” by Kevin Arnold.
6. “We owe to memory not only the increase of our knowledge, and our progress in rational inquiries, but many other intellectual pleasures” by Samuel Johnson.
7. “Our memories are card indexes consulted and then returned in disorder by authorities whom we do not control” by Cyril Connolly.
8. “Memory is a magnet. It will pull to it and hold only material nature has designed it to attract” by Jessamyn West.
9. “We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams” by Jeremy Irons.
10. “No memory is ever alone; it's at the end of a trail of memories, a dozen trails that each have their own associations” by Louis L’Amour.
11. “It is memory that provides the heart with impetus, fuels the brain, and propels the corn plant from seed to fruit” author unknown.
12. “A moment lasts all of a second, but the memory lives on forever” author unknown.
13. “Memory cannot exist without endurance of the things perceived, and the thing perceived cannot remain where it has never been” by William Hazlitt.
14. “Memory is the treasure house of the mind wherein the monuments thereof are kept and preserved” by Thomas Fuller.
15. “Creditors have better memories than debtors; creditors are a superstitious sect, great observers of set days and times” by Benjamin Franklin.
16. “Memory is the greatest of artists, and effaces from your mind what is unnecessary” by Maurice Baring.17. “Your memory is a monster; you forget - it doesn't. It simply files things away. It keeps things for you, or hides things from you - and summons them to your recall with a will of its own. You think you have a memory; but it has you!” by John Irving.
18. “I did it” says my memory. “I could not do it” says my stiff pride. Finally memory gives in”.
19. "“…following example of Pythagoreans and improving my memory I try to remember (in the evening) what I said, heard or did throughout the day”.
20. “- Doctor, my memory fails me!
- Since when?
- Memory fails you?- What memory?”
21. “Etiam oblivisci qui sis interdum expedit” (It is sometimes useful to forget who you are) Latin sentence.
22. “Memoria – thesaurus omnium rerum” (Memory is repository of everything) Latin sentence.
23. “Strain your memory and you will surely remember what you want to forget” author unknown.
24. "“Everybody has a photographic memory, but very few have a film” by Steven Wright.
Read my previous post:
Photographic eidetic memory