Friday, April 22, 2011

Memory tip for 22nd of April 2011


Yesterday my tip for improving your memory was to see patterns in things you are trying to remember. Today I simply want to state this: use those mnemonic techniques that you find best for you. What is best for me is not necessarily best for you. I enjoy ‘journey’ method to memorize things most. You might not like the technique, but you can be quite comfortable with repeating things or simply concentrating on the main ideas of the text you are trying to memorize. 

It could be that you remember better when you hear, not when you see. I would even encourage you to devise your own mnemonic techniques. I do not believe that everything is discovered and uncovered in the field of mnemonics and there are many more methods that can be used than we know of now. When I tried to apply some well known mnemonic techniques I found that they do not work for me. I hope I am not an exception. You should try the stuff yourself to see what you like most and what really works for you. 

Read my previous post:

Try to see patterns in material you are trying to memorize