Monday, March 21, 2011

Memory

Memory is a unique gift from God that we have and can use to achieve great things in life. Most probably you have heard about people who are considered to be geniuses and who are able to remember hundreds of telephone numbers, thousands names and even whole books. Some of them are truly geniuses, but some have used mnemonic techniques to become such memory giants as they are today. You could have heard about Dominic O’Brien who has been a world memory champion eight times. According to him he was not exceptionally talented kid and had a lot of problems to remember things at school. To tell the truth he became interested in the field of mnemonics only after he hit the age of thirty. It happened after he saw a television program where he learned a few tricks how to train his memory.

Dominic wrote a number of books on the topic and his books inspired me to work with my memory too. I have not won any championships and I do not think that I have achieved a lot in the field. However, it is a very interesting topic and I read on the subject from time to time. I am starting a blog on the topic with intention to write a post on the topic each day. I hope I will succeed in that. I also hope that it will be a good incentive to work more with my memory. So much for today. Tomorrow I will start with one tip that will help you to start working on your memory. See you tomorrow.

More on memory in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory

See also: Photographic and eidetic memory