Thursday, April 28, 2011

Memory tip for 28th of April 2011


Yesterday I wrote about acronyms and how you can use them to remember information better. Today I want to shortly come back to techniques of remembering numbers. I have already written about visual images of numbers, chunking and a few more things. Today my tip on how to memorize numbers is: find a word that would have a similar pronunciation for a number you want to remember. So, you would have to find vocal symbols to associate numbers from 1 to 10. Let me show you how you can do it.

1 – done
2 – blue
3 – tree
4 – floor
5 – knife
6 – fix
7 – devil
8 – wait
9 – pine
10 – pen

You see that each number has an equivalent of a word which has a very similar pronunciation as the number it represents. So, if you need to remember a combination of ten numbers (and maybe more) you can start creating a story with the words that represent the numbers. You will have to involve more characters as in the case I presented not all symbols are nouns. You can make your own list where all associated words would be nouns. It might be better for you to remember the combination of numbers then. I had already written how you can do that. 

Read my previous post:

Use acronyms to remember information