Sunday, May 1, 2011

Memory tip for 1st of May 2011


My memory tip for today is: attach importance to anything you want to remember. If the information you are trying to remember carries no meaning for you, you will remember it with difficulty. I remember when I started developing my memory I immediately liked the ‘method of a journey’, which helps a lot to remember long lists. I was very fast able to remember thirty things in five minutes and intended to continue along the line. However, at some point I started losing interest in mnemonics as I saw no opportunities to apply this in real life.

Therefore it took me some time to find it. I saw that it will be necessary in my future business. I also have intentions to study in the nearest future and well trained memory will be very important for me in my studies. It is much easier to motivate myself now. So, if you want to start improving your memory, think in the very beginning where you are going to apply it. It is fun working on your memory, but it takes more than fun to reach advanced levels where you can remember lists of hundreds and thousands items or even remembering whole books. 

Think, maybe you will also be able to apply the techniques in your work, business, studies, daily life. When you see a purpose and importance of the practice it will be much easier for you when initial excitement about the thing will leave you. Then your goal and vision of why you benefit from improving your memory keeps you on track and you don’t get disappointed so easily. I hope you will become a person with a super memory. Good luck in doing that.

Read my previous post:

Organize your daily routine to train your memory