Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Memory tip for 23rd of March 2011

Yesterday I shared with you an essential thing that is necessary if you want your brain to be susceptible to accept things into your memory and keep it there. That thing is interest. If you want to remember anything you have to be interested in the thing. Today I want to give you one tip that will help you to remember things short term. I am sure that you know the method as it is the most often used method by most people. That method is repetition. If you want to record anything in your short term memory you have to repeat things.

This audio based way to remember things is not very effective to train your memory, but it is pretty good if you need to remember something fast. This is one of the ways to learn poems, vocabulary, telephones, number and etc. I used this method at school and university, but I am not using it anymore. I do not mean to say that it is bad. If you are a type of person that has ‘vocal memory’ it is a good way for you to remember things. However, most mnemonics teachers do not teach this method and I am not going to write any more posts on the topic. But before going to more advanced technique I just wanted to mention this one, which is still used by most people and they achieve good results. So, if you want to remember things well you have to remember this Latin quote:”Repititio est mater studiorum”. 

Read my previous posts:


Memory

You are at blog: Memory improvement tips