Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Memory tip for 19th of April 2011


Yesterday I wrote my second part of tips which should help you to remember names better. Today I will finish the topic by giving my last tips. My first tip is: when you listen to a person pronouncing his name, try to look into a person’s face. This helps you to notice some peculiar features about the person and if you forget the name of the person you will be able to recall his/her face, which will increase possibilities to remember the name as well. By saying special features I mean things like pimples, a scar, a smile, eyebrows, eyelashes, size of nose and etc. Try to notice something specific for that person. 

Next, try to study everything about the person. I mean his/her appearance. The tip is connected with the previous one, but this one is more general. Try to look at the clothes the person is wearing, his/her built, the way he/she is standing, the way he/she is holding his/her hands, motions, gestures, tone of the voice, the mood the person is in and etc. This will come up later when you try to remember the name and the process of remembering will be much easier. 

And my last tip for today is: try to associate the name with some object. Let’s say the name is Harry. You can imagine him holding a book of ‘Harry Porter’ in his hands as if he was advertising it. And instead of Harry Porter on the cover you might imagine your new acquaintance Harry. I hope you understand what I mean. Try to play around with your imagination and you will see how many associations you can create on your own.
These were my last tips on how to remember names better. I hope to come back to the topic some day. 

Read my previous post:

How to remember names part 2